King’s College is perhaps Cambridge’s most iconic and well-known college. Trinity, Queens’ and St John’s may be larger and richer but King’s boasts unquestionably the finest building in Cambridge in the form of the college chapel, one of the great masterpieces of English architecture dating from the fifteenth century. The chapel took almost a hundred years to build and it shows in the way that it towers magnificently over every other building in central Cambridge, a symphony in Late Gothic design. It has a world-famous choir to boot, whose Christmas Eve service is broadcast across the world to an audience numbering in the hundreds of millions each year. For connoisseurs of supernatural literature this college is best known as the home of M R James, whom many regard as the author of the best ghost stories in the English language, but King’s also has an additional claim to fame in the realm of the paranormal: The Gibbs Building, one of the most haunted locations in Cambridge.
Thanks for stopping by!
I'm a writer and on this site you'll find samples of my work (which spans lots of genres including horror, comedy, mystery, thriller and fantasy) as well as book/film/music reviews, true stories, tall tales, urban legends and news of forthcoming publications. To follow me on Twitter or Facebook click on one of the links below.
- 626,275 hits
- #GhostCities #Powwow goo.gl/l2RV4Y https://t.co/DFAIAmhxFN 2 weeks ago
- #GhostCities #Hay goo.gl/99x68n https://t.co/AY599tK7QR 1 month ago
- #GhostCities #MRJames anilbalan.com/2016/12/18/a-w… 2 months ago
- #GhostCities #Sinterklaas goo.gl/hQ30Pe https://t.co/Htwawlugoe 2 months ago
- #GhostCities #CanterburyTales anilbalan.com/2016/11/13/can… https://t.co/X2PZrcjdWG 3 months ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Secrets of the Pow-wow
- The Kingdom of Hay
- A Warning to the Curious
- Canterbury Tales
- Crooked House
- Demons and Shadows: The Ghostly Best of Robert Westall
- Lost Hearts
- Ghost Walk
- The Green Man
- Kong: Fact or Fiction?
- Mysteries of the Moor
- London After Midnight
- The Land of Lost Content
- Oranges and Lemons
- The Bay of the Departed
- At the Mountains of Madness
- The Maid of Buttermere
- A Ghost Story for Christmas: The Tractate Middoth
- A View from a Hill
- Number 13 by M R James
- Manannan, Son of the Sea
- The Secret History of Sherlock Holmes
- Morag, the Monster of Loch Morar